Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Thoughts

Happy New Year!! Praise God for the year past... another step closer to eternity!

To some that may be a morbid perspective, but for us that have eternal hope, it is like walking the aisle towards our bridegroom. What joy, what love, what hope, what longing fills our souls!!

As we are waiting and continuing our daily walk upon this earth, the turn of the year may be a good time to stop and contemplate the days remaining for this leg of our 'lives'.

Girltalk posted D.Whitney's 10 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year at the end of 2005, and I found it to be really helpful in giving perspective to my goals, plans, and realities. I had shoved the paper into my desk and was encouraged/challenged several times during 2006 when I chanced upon the page. The ladies of Girltalk have linked to this article again, and I plan to, once again, fill in my answers to the questions listed.

I hope you find this helpful in your "self-examination" of 2006 and "goal-setting" for 2007.

Blessings, as you look forward to God's work in and through you for 2007!

No comments: