Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mom Enters 21st Century

I've been contemplating "blogging" for several weeks now....making the transition from "How do people have time for this?" to "This is an interesting way to communicate" to "I'd love to figure out how to start my own blog" (followed by "Honey, could you help me set this up?") And so here I sit, birthing...
My plans (subject to God's leading) are to explore the world of women with regards to "making a godly home".....which, in my life, ranges from personal spiritual growth to muffin recipes, homeschooling to "wifery", christian character development to cozy dinnertimes, mother-in-laws, ministry, housecleaning, and so on. God is teaching me every day and if I can share those lessons, then we have all grown closer to Him....which is the ultimate goal.
Titus had this to suggest to gals:
"admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." (Titus 2:4,5 NKJV)
These days the attack on the "profession" of Homemaker is unrelenting. Our governments attack it through taxations and legislations. Our media attacks it by their "glorification" of the working woman. Our society attacks it by their innocent questions: "What do you do outside the home?"
Now, I am not against women working "outside the home". In fact, I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had to work as a florist, accountant, and radio announcer. However, I am wanting to make the case that God is calling us, as women, to consider our primary role of "enterprise" as the home....taking care of a husband, children, our own character....practicing hospitality, helping the needy, serving the body....and when these "priorities" are fulfilled, enjoying other ventures as suggested in Proverbs 31:24.
God loves us and wants the best for us. Let's consider what He is calling us to be.

No comments: