This is a recipe I came upon many years ago for a special Young Adults "Italian Night". It proved to be a big hit, and a few weeks ago I stumbled across the recipe again. After eating it, I thought it might be a great recipe to share. It's fairly easy to make and is a "pretty" dessert -making it a good choice when company's coming.
1 pkg. (6 serving) Vanilla Pudding & Pie Filling
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. coffee liqueur
1 Tbsp. Instant coffee
1/2 cup hot water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 pkg. lady finger cookies
1-1/2 containers of Cool Whip, thawed
4 squares chocolate
1) Prepare Pudding according to package directions.
2) Whisk cream cheese and liqueur into hot filling. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
3) Combine coffee, hot water and sugar. Brush over lady fingers.
4) Fold whipped topping into pudding mixture.
5) Line bottom of trifle bowl with lady fingers. Sprinkle with half pudding mixture and half the grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
6) Cover tightly. Chill 4 hours or overnight.