Saturday, February 24, 2007

What Do I Say?

Know you should talk about the gospel with your friends, but not really sure what to say?

Let me recommend The Way of the Master's 'Evangelism Course'. It's a book the size of a phone book, which could be the most intimidating part. But as I've been working my way through the 101 lessons, I have found it to be encouraging to my faith, strengthening to my prayer life, instructive in basic matters of theology, and very helpful in getting a comprehensive discussion of evangelism. They deal with how to share your testimony, how to talk to strangers, what Mormons, JWs, Buddists, Hindus, Muslims, etc. believe.

It's an easy read... although not always an easy application. Lately I've been realizing that I actually love the 'praise of men' far too often and that this has been a major factor in my failures in actually speaking the truth of God.

Like with all things, make sure you have your Bible at your side. It is always good to look up the scripture references mentioned.

This is not a book on evangelism like J.I.Packer's Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (Challies review), but I have found it to be equally helpful in equipping me to actually "Go" into my world and share the gospel that has given me life.

Blessings fellow "fishers of men"!

No comments: