Monday, February 13, 2006

The Importance Of My Coffeemaker


Some mornings I drink a cup of coffee. Some mornings I don't. However, I've begun to use my coffeemaker as a different tool. I have begun to put post-it notes on my coffeemaker with a bible verse scribbled on it. My intent is to look at this verse to start the day. This idea came to me while I was talking with another mom about creative ways to "chew" on scripture in the midst of babies and toddlers, when sitting down to read for an hour seems an unrealistic task.

I'm calling it my "coffee cup verse". Something to engage my mind when I stop for a drink, start chopping my veggies, empty out the dishwasher, etc. Last week I was looking at a verse in Romans. This week it's 1 Corinthians 2:2, "For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

I'll try to post these as my "coffee cup verse" and if you want to join me in this endeavour... great! Or if you have other similar suggestions, drop me a comment.

4 comments:

Homemanager said...

Hey! How did you get my picture!?! LOL!
Great idea! Another idea...we have a small corkboard in our bathroom that I have attached scripture and love notes :o) to. It works well to meditate on scripture while I'm getting ready in the morning.
BTW - How are you doing on your memory verses? :o)

Marlene S. said...

I started, but to be honest, I could be doing better. Ask me at the end of the week. Maybe that'll get me jumpin'.

Abbey said...

That's a GREAT idea Marlene. I do find it hard to set aside an hour for myself and God. I would love to join you in your "coffee cup verse", so keep on posting. I also like the idea of the corkboard in the the bathroom. I'll keep these in mind. Thanx.

Homemanager said...

Marlene,
Instead of Psalm 19, try 117...it is only two verses. :o) That is what I just did this past week.
Are your boys memorizing anything? You could do their verses with them...just some "jumpin'" thoughts. :o)